Thursday 7 February 2013

Back to School


And so after what seems like quite a break, I am back to painting and working with clay again. It hasn't been an altogether barren time creatively. Ideas have been 'gestating' and to carry on the 'pregnant' metaphor a little further, I feel ready to burst. 

Next week heralds the beginning of what I'm confident will be a very exciting and challenging 4 years. I have committed to doing an MA in Fine Art at UKZN and am honoured and thrilled to be doing so.

Although the ideas are still in their early stages I am going to be using my love of myth, dream, story, metaphor, symbolism etc, and in particular the teachings of 'Transpersonal Psychology', as the inspiration behind the creative work.

As synchronicity would have it, my Transpersonal Psychology book arrived today from overseas.


 Journey in Depth. A Transpersonal Perspective


Ian Gordon Brown and Barbara Somers.