Saturday 9 February 2013

Why Transpersonal Psychology


So I have all these wonderful like minded people in my life with whom I share and get inspired by.


The thing is, I think, at least for me, there needs to be some kind of a ‘container’ for all of this wonderful sharing of ideas, theories, philosophies, dreams, stories etc, or a ‘thread’ that runs through, connecting them all, and for me that ‘container/thread’ is Transpersonal Psychology. The way I described it to a friend the other day was that it feels like I am looking through a key hole in an ancient door at a beautiful scene/landscape on the other side. (The Secret Garden springs to mind). These conversations and sharing that we have are like seeing, through the key hole, snippets of this beautiful scene, of ‘completeness and interconnectedness’. But they’re only snippets, not the whole picture. And that for me, TP is like the key that unlocks the door to the whole beautiful garden. Wouldn’t it be nice to think that in this life time we would get to see that garden. Another way I described it was that each conversation/connection/’aha’ moment is like a piece of a puzzle and that TP can help put that puzzle together until, and again wouldn’t this be wonderful, we can see the complete picture.


Photo by Martin Eager