Wednesday 26 September 2012

Britta and Anne's photos from last night's opening

I wonder whether everyone who wakes up after their exhibition opening, or something equivalent, feels so raw and exposed and desperate for confirmation that they did ok. Well that's how I felt this morning. Such conflicting emotions however as this is combined with a real sense that I had managed to convey something very real and profound and I'm proud of that. (This was not without input from some very dear friends mind you, so a big thank you to them).

There was a good turn out which was wonderful and Carina opened the exhibition. I'd asked her as she has been so involved both as a very dear friend and my ceramics teacher. She is an inspiration at 89 years old; beautiful, wise and more youthful in her approach to her creativity and life in general than most people half her age.

Britta and Anne took these photos. I'm being rather self indulgent here. just going to throw them in here unedited to give you an idea of the evening.




 Karen and Carina photo by Anne


 Oh man isn't she beautiful photo by Anne


 Me and Carina photo by Anne


photo by Anne


Karen, me and Carina photo by Anne


photo by Britta






 The Installation photo by Britta

       

These two pics are rather fun. Sarah, Kevern, Paul, Simone and myself with some aliens.
These pieces are from the exhibition in the middle gallery
“A Life In Common”
Doung Anwar Jahangeer, Matthew Ovendale,  Muziwandile Gigaba, Peter McKenzie, Rob Mills  and Wayne Reddiar
 photo by Britta




 Sheila and Iz photo by Britta


Hayley photo by Britta


 Mands photo by Britta


photo by Britta


Donna and Anne photo by Britta



 Britta photo by Anne


Iz Biz and Carina photo by Anne


Carina photo by Anne