Tuesday 28 August 2012

Happier now

My studio may be falling down but I'm happier today as a painting that was completely doing my head in is looking slightly better. Still some way to go but it's getting there.




This was how it was looking... The background needs more embroidery which isn't the problem. The problem was trying to get the colour, pattern and light in the bowl right and it just wasn't happening. The bowl is a wonky bowl but in this case it just looked badly painted. I spent days trying to get it right. But then I had a sense of humour failure and decided that the best thing to do was to paint change the bowl completely.




Still need to work on it but I'm so much happier with it.




And I'm so delighted with this one. It's one of those paintings that has come together easily. My problem here is that I feel like I have to labour over a painting in order for it to work but often it's the ones that happen easily and spontaneously that work the best.